Instagram

11.09.2007

I think we'd see the beauty

I got a flat tire fixed yesterday. the guy who fixed it for me was so nice. I didn't even talk with him that much; the few things that were said were just quick questions and comments. It wasn't that he gave me compliments or even that he did it for free (well, that probably had a little to do with it), but the way he talked to me made getting a flat tire fixed a good experience. I've been in similar situations, where almost the exact same words were exchanged, but they were just experiences. I could just tell that this man was a happy person, and it made me happy.

Every day, I see people in expensive suits, with expensive wristwatches, selling expensive things, walking around like they're important (and maybe they are), and sometimes I can't help but feel sorry for some of them because they don't look very happy. They spend so much time trying to turn people into money that their world becomes very lonely; it's hard to have a conversation with a dollar bill. This man works at an auto shop, he was wearing a dirty, gray jumpsuit, and he had dirt and grease all over his face and hands, but I kind of envied him. Not that I don't consider myself a happy person, but I wonder if people can see it in me as much as I saw it in him. When you're happy, you treat people well, or maybe when you treat people well, you're happy. it's probably both. I think that's a good cycle to jump into.

It's easy to forget how even the little things we do affect other people. The way we look at someone can make their day a little happier or just that much worse. I think that's reason enough to smile more. We can feel when someone cares about us, even when we've never met them. I think that's reason enough to care more.

Bright Eyes-Bowl of Oranges

No comments:

Post a Comment